- @RepMHudson thanks to all your mail this week, I'm a democrat that's switching parties just so I can vote for @Kathleen4SWFL! Good job! 1 year ago
- @ndn could care less about the great job @WeAreLely band is doing. https://t.co/hj5k4KOULI 1 year ago
- See the jackasses still on the field after the @WeAreLely game standing in the band's way? That's the @ndn. https://t.co/A4Bg4YEMgI 1 year ago
- Imagine you've got a table saw, DC, and 20 routers all going at the same time. Yeah, that's going to be quieter than my room @HyattOrlando 1 year ago
- @HyattOrlando thanks for doing nothing about the party going on next door. We didn't want to sleep tonight anyway. @HyattConcierge 1 year ago
Just another guy who likes playing with his wood.
Monthly Archives: January 2014
January 1, 2014Posted by on
It’s the first day of 2014 and time to make resolutions and set goals. What better way to keep myself honest about what I’d like to accomplish this year than to share those things with the world. So, here goes….
– I want to do something productive in my workshop every day. This could be something as simple as cleaning or sharpening, but I don’t want to let a day go by where I let life get in the way of something I love to do.
– I want to lose 150 lbs. No, that’s not a typo. I’m at 340 as of today, and I want to be 190 by the end of 2014. (I was there two years ago, but we moved, I let depression get in the way, and I put on weight fast.) I want to walk 6 miles a day, everyday, and eat no more than 2000 calories a day. For my body, this plan should work. It’s simple. I’m simple. I should be able to stick to this.
– I want to write everyday. I don’t need to post anything everyday, but just like working on a project in the shop, working little by little will result in a good finished product.
– I want to comment more on blogs I read. People took the time to write. I took the time to read. I can take the time to tell them I enjoyed what I read.
– I want to become an EA. I’ve learned that I really like doing taxes. I enjoy researching tax law, and I’d like to achieve the highest level of certification available to a tax professional, an Enrolled Agent.
– I’d also like to find a job that I really like, but since I can’t picture in my mind what that is, I’m not sure I can make that a goal. It’s hard to reach a goal you can’t define.
That’s it. There is my global plan for 2014. I’ll check back in December and see how I did.
What goals do you want to achieve this year? Woodworking or not, let others know what you want to do, then DO IT!
– Mike Russo